Technology just keeps getting better for drone operators and it is important for pilots to be aware of some of the new tools available that can help improve flight operations.
Datumate, a software provider specializing in surveying and mapping technology, recently launched Datufly, a neat little app that is primarily geared toward construction, infrastructure mapping, and professional surveying.
The application can be used in conjunction with DJI Phantom 3 & 4 drones as well as with Inspire 1 & 2. This exciting new tool has everything a drone pilot needs to generate more efficiency, increasing the value of every flight, or even every battery charge, it also helps improve the efficacy and effectiveness of every shot or video by systematically improving area coverage automatically.
- Autonomous Flight. With Datufly, the pilot generates a flight plan customized for the job at hand and the application handles the rest.
- Mission Progress Monitoring. Flight operations monitoring is constant and viewable at all times.
- Auto-return and resume. The app will return the drone for battery swaps or safety concerns automatically as needed.
- Vertical and oblique shooting. Shots from whatever angle and approaches needed are easy to direct into the flight.
- Safety wizards and preflight checks. Flight preparedness is critical for a successful flight.
- Project storage and Re-execution. Need to film an area again to look for variation over time. No problem, just run the same flight plan again.
But is it user-friendly? Pilots and photographers have plenty to deal with as it is without an overly technical or demanding application to oversee. Datufly is absolutely as user-friendly as even the most critical operator could want.
From your tablet:
- First select project and flight parameters.
- Then easily mark the area of interest.
- Run pre-flight checks.
- And finally, have a safe flight!
- Since flight and photo-shooting can both be automated each operation is as hands-on or as hands-free as you would like.
Datufly is a powerful co-pilot for any photographer and up to the task of any project, no matter how fun or serious it might be. Take a look and see how this new tool can make your work even better and even help you earn more for your work.